Monday, August 18

Very Good Mail Day

Since my dear Bobby passed away going to pick up mail at the post office has turned into a drama most of the time. So when I can go and pick up something that is not a bill or horrid something or other I have to deal with it's good. 

This was a very good mail day. 
The lovely ladies in the "Love Of Art Quilt" group on Quilt With Us got together and made this for me. I'm so very touched. I was talking to my friend Paula when her hubby snapped this so I didn't "pose" with a smile but this quilt makes me very happy and all warm inside. 

Here are some close ups of just a few of the blocks.










There was also a beautiful poem printed out and pieced into the back of the quilt and a really cool necklace/locket that is a pocket watch. You can see if you have seen my art that these ladies really took special care to do things I love so much and use my fav fabrics and topics/techniques. It's so very special. 

Today my beloved has been gone 3 months - I miss him so very much and it's hard to sometimes realize he's really gone. I have good support from my family and friends and I'm so very thankful for that. Last week I sold his pick up and when I saw it drive away for the last time it filled the rest of the day with off and on crying spells. I know I have a long way to go and that part of my heart will always be his. Moving on with my life is hard and I have no idea who I will be at the end of this, but I do know I will have changed and change is a part of life. 

2 comments:

B J Elder said...

HUGS to you my friend and warm cuddles of love whenever you snuggle in your quilt.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Such a wonderful quilt Royce. So sorry about your loss. Gentle hugs.