Sunday, July 20

Searching for the Creative Zen

Each day I try to do something that is creative - it's my happyness. It is not as easy as before but I'm seeing changes in the art I draw and the jewelry I make. My first fiber piece was very different than anything I've ever made before. The colors and subject were "not me" at all but I did enjoy the process. 
So how my art will evolve is a path I'll take and discover what I will see along the way. This new path I think will be branching off into new directions that I might not have taken before. 
This little mini quilt was done just to play around. The quilting was done just to get my groove back. I changed patterns as I felt like it and no pre thought was given to any of it.
See how un Royce the colors are? My friend Stefanie said I didn't think you even owned such colors! Well I didn't but now I have a new set of dye pens and just wanted to try them out.  

We had 2 work benches in our hobby room (which I am now trying to learn to call my studio). So with one of them gone now I have replace it with a new desk work area where I cut fabric, cut out my note cards and draw.



Friday I took down my old kitchen curtains and have picked out
this fabric to make new ones. More on that later. 


Now for a flash from my past (about 40 years past) I thought I'd give
macrame jewelry a try. I'd not forgotten how and found it very 
relaxing and soothing to make the small knots. This is a long
way from the even smaller thread I used in the 70's. 


And here is a few of the jewelry pieces I've made recently. 
Found this tiny caliper in Bobby's tool box and
thought it was so cute I made myself a necklace from it. 

This sand-dollar fossil was picked up at Red Dog Beads 
I just couldn't wait to play with it. 

A segment from another fossil

That's all for now. Have a creative day


2 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your quilting project is gorgeous Royce. I remember when I was very young I did owls and a lion in macrame...I had them until this last move.

Gene Black said...

The quilting is great. I love the variation.

What a joy that caliper necklace is. It is so artistic and creative.

Hugs.