Friday, November 22

Shows During The Holidays!

Having a few shows lined up back to back is one thing. Planning them during the holidays is another. Determined not to let this oh so fun pastime become a stresser I have to do a lot of planning ahead. As I mentioned in my last post I steer clear of over booking myself with other activities and strive to put all my energy into the fun stuff. That would of course be my creative life. I have 2 things planned for the weekend. Tonight I have my first home show and getting my quilt guild Christmas swap present well under way. 
I can't post the guild present yet but here are a few of my most recent jewelry projects. 

Earrings from tiny spoons

Beaded 3 strand pearls and crystals
This is a style I seldom do but saw these beads
and they just lead me down this road. 

Pretty cross in earth tone crystals

My personal fav right now
Amber and brass

Brass and crystal earrings

My new favorite thing - Guilders Paste
This stuff is wonderful and comes in a ton
of colors. After it sits up (about 24 hours)
it won't rub off and leave a beautiful patina
Colors can be mixed and over laid.


 
And of course here is my sweet Ian at the fall festival. 
I think this was his first time on a full size horse. 
I'm quite scared of horses - evil teenage experience. 
He was thrilled as you can tell by that grin. 

Well have to go and get ready for the show tonight. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I would surely be tickled to see someone with a spoon hanging out of one ear and the handle from the other. Very cute. I guess I see the Gilder's Paste in the first photo -- nice effect!

Jayne said...

Glad I found your blog! I love seeing your process!