Monday, November 18

My Perfect Holiday

Is sure not what it used to be. In years past I would start decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving and spend DAYS decorating almost every room in the house. This year I have a 4 ft tree in the living room a little garland on the mantel and my Jim Shore Santa's and Angels. DONE! in under 2 hours. 


I would have been stressing about Thanksgiving dinner and what I would make. Is the house looking wonderful. Is every little thing put away. Oh who cares. The house is clean (pretty much) and our simple Thanksgiving dinner will be just as yummy as one I spent days dealing with. And I'll have energy left to play with Ian. 

It seems to me that I just don't have enough time in each day to get the things done I want/need to do. As I've gotten older thou I have figured out that not all those things really need to get done. So I don't have time to put up all my customary Christmas decorations without staying up half the night and killing myself. Who will care? I will take shortcuts with Thanksgiving dinner - no one will mind. When I was younger I would kill myself to make everything so perfect or at least try to it would wear me out. 
If it wears you out at 20 you really don't want to go there now. 

So I have cleared off my workbench and said "Closed" except for custom orders till 2014. 
If you could have seen the before you would be so impressed.

The sewing machine has one last project for the year on it and after that - Closed. 
It's a raging mess right now. I'm working on a mixed media project.


No last minute crazy stuff for me this year. Relax, look at the little 4 ft tree.
Don't stress if a doggie fur ball drifts out onto the floor when company is over. 


It took me a very long time to figure out it really won't matter. 
And it's sure a lot easier now




2 comments:

Gene Black said...

It is interesting how out mindset changes about these things through the years.
My house at one time was always "company ready" - now that is very rare. If company doesn't like the way I live, they can go somewhere else. LOL.

leslim0121 said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often..

rachelle madrigal
www.imarksweb.org