Sunday, March 25

Where Have I been - well I'm not sure

Things seem to be speeding by me here lately. Seems like I rush threw the week and then the weekend is packed and then it's Monday again. I'm sure this is the same for most folks. I've been busy working on a few things lately and having a little fun too. 
Friday was a fun day I met up with Stefanie and we did some shopping at JoAnn's and then had a good lunch and saw Hunger Games. I'd read all 3 books and was so excited about the movie and it did not disappoint. Speaking of Hunger Games I was so inspired by the books I've made several pieces of jewelry using it as my inspiration. I was very pleased that these sold in a very short time. 




I've also been trying to step up my photography for my Etsy shop. It's hard to determine how to photograph jewelry. Do you just show the necklace, should it be on a person? So after mulling it over for a good while I picked out 2 types of backgrounds and took new photos of several items I already had posted and replaced the photos. I started out by photographing all my fiber and jewelry outside in natural light but with so many cold/rain or just plain over cast days this is very limiting. Interior lights can throw shadows on your work, which isn't good.  I think I finally have it figured out. 

Next Friday Stefanie and I are taking a free motion class at the Quilting Squares in Franklin. Since my favorite part of making a quilt is doing the quilting I thought it was time to learn the basics from a pro. I have had no success with marking a quilt so I sure need some help with the fine points on that. I also need advice on quite a few other aspects of quilting too. 
I enjoy it so much and really need to take it to the next step beyond the simple stippling pattern I use the bulk of the time. Also hopefully this will help with a few other tension questions I have. They teach quite a few machine quilting classes and I'd like to take them all this year. 



No comments: