Sunday, January 22

Whew finally

Well I'm finally gotten over the worse part of that nasty bug I had and I'm pretty much back to normal. So glad cause I just didn't have any energy to do my fun stuff at all. I did manage to get a little hand sewing done and did get the binding on my Koi quilt finally. As I might have mentioned this quilt was in memory of my grandmother's koi pond where I spend many a peaceful hour sitting on the edge watching the fish. I was thankful for my Ott light with the black front/binding/thread. That could have been a real eye squinter. 


 Front

 Back

Front detail

Yesterday I taught a jewelry class at JoAnn's and after class
Becky and Edna and I went out to lunch then Edna and I 
headed off to the bead show. I'd promised my self I'd not
spend much money - well I disappointed myself once again, 
but hey look at these beauties. 



A little news too, is that starting tomorrow I will be starting as the Education Coordinator for the Rivergate JoAnn's. I applied for this position about 2 weeks ago and found out last week it was mine. It will be a really fun job, but once again I'll have to be very careful with my wallet being in the store even more than normal. 
It's just a part time job but I am excited cause I know it will be fun and the ladies
out there are all great and fun to work with. It's not like I'm not in the store 
several days a week anyway. Working only two and a half days a week I'll still have plenty of time for my many other interests. 

It's not long at all till our yearly Crop Till U Drop and I'm getting excited about that. It's the ultimate girls weekend. I need to get my photos winging off to Sam's to get prints made and start planning which albums I'll work on. With a gift card from Archivers in my wallet I'll pick up a few last min goodies. 

2 comments:

BJ said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the position at JoAnn's. They are so fortunate to have you! What a blessing you will be to so many.
Glad you are feeling a bit better.
The Koi quilt is great!
Missing you on LOAQ, etc. but know you are doing good things.
Hugs

Barb said...

Love your quilt....and what a fun job. I almost applied for a job at JoAnn's, if they were closer I would have. My husband said instead of a paycheck I would end up owing them...now where did he get that idea?