Wednesday, December 21

Well Christmas is almost here and I know everyone is busy with family, friends, baking, presents and getting our homes ready for all the visiting. I am working a few hours today but then need to come home and do some serious house cleaning. I've been using my cutting table to wrap presents on and the craft room looks like a tornado hit. I still have about 5 gifts left to wrap and then clean up my mess. Then the last minute baking of cookies and I think I can say it's done. 
I miss sewing and playing with my other crafts but during this busy season there just isn't time for playing. 


One little last thing I need to get done today is put an old drawing in a frame. 
This drawing was done for my little sister when she was around 4-5 and hung in her bedroom. My mom had saved it all these years so now I'm going to reframe it for another 2.5 year olds bedroom. It's marker and ink and when I look back at a drawing I did when I was 17, well it really brings back memories of how I used to draw all the time. 

I saw a video on u tube about adding color to metal with Tim Holtz Alcohol inks. 
So I had to run out and get some of these right away. 
They are in the scrap booking section of your craft store. 
After I had done all the texturizing to the metal I just dropped a 
drop of each color onto the metal and swirled it around. 
It dries quickly and then I followed that with a clear coat sealant. 
With a little experimenting I think this will become a great new
way to add color to my metal jewelry. 


Here is another necklace that I used the Tim Holtz metal accents on. 
The key in the bottom dangle and the metal on the top that looks
like the hardware from a dresser drawer were from his collection. 
The hardware was attached with rivets on to the brass base. 



And just wanted to share this - I was cleaning my sewing room 
and was tossing out this old pillow, but it seemed that my 
little buddy thought it still had some good use left in it. 
Thou he just barely fit, he took it over right away. 

There won't be much time left for posting and I'm sure
few have time to read posts with Christmas just a few days away. 
So I 'd like to wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas. 




3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, it (Christmas) is getting very close and posting gets slack. Merry Christmas to you also, Royce.

Quilt Rat said...

LOVE those pieces! Fabulous!!!!

Cynthia Eloise said...

happy holidays.