Saturday, December 31

Christmas Toys

Well like most crafters I always get tools and supplies for presents. I do that sneaky thing of posting a wish list on amazon and sending it to those who ask - what do you want for Christmas?  


This one punches holes in metal that are 1" to 1/2"
You have to whack the pins pretty hard so hubby gave me
his short handled sledge hammer.  Oh dear another hammer. 

This punches smaller holes for accents or adding 
rivets and jump rings. It goes threw 20 gauge metal like butter. 
No strain on my hands at all. 

After cutting the disks I put them in the dapping block
and shaped them into bowl shapes. Then I ran them 
threw some flame and then back to the dapping block. 

I nipped the bottoms of the disks with the blue handled punch
to get these zagged edges. Then to keep the patina I gave them
a coat of clear spray varnish. 

These techniques will be taught in my stamped metal class
on January 21st at the Rivergate JoAnn. 


On the sewing front I'm making Ian another monster. 
This one will have a zipper mouth and a little vest
that buttons. It's to teach him how to work buttons and zippers. 

After putting away all the Christmas decorations and cleaning up the 
house playing was needed so this was a fun little project. I got lots
of ideas of other things to make with these new tools. 

Well now it's time to answer that age old question
what's for dinner? To the kitchen I go in search of an answer. 
Does anyone else's husband ask you this question before it's even lunch?

2 comments:

BJ said...

It's too bad that Ian doesn't have a doting aunt. LOL Did you make up the monster pattern? What a great idea for him.
Love your new toys, too. They look perfect for you.
Happy New Year!!

Gene Black said...

I love sending the Amazon wish list. Ito makes it easy for them, and I get what I really want.
Happy New Year!