Thursday, December 29

Christmas Day

Well Christmas was just wonderful this year. We got to see all our family. Hubby's sister from out of town was here and she hadn't been home for Christmas for so many years. It was just great to see everyone. 


Several days before Christmas we went to see Ice.
I'd never been and it was a real treat. 

Needless to say it was very cold in there. They supply these big blue coats for you to wear and the one hand I was using to take photos was really frozen when we got out. It was beautiful thou and it's hard to image how they make these huge statues from ice. Hot coco was a wonderful treat when we where done. 


We started off Christmas day at my sister in laws home
with a yummy breakfast she made.
She's a great cook and we all ate way too much. 
There there was the crazy package opening. 
Then around noon we headed out to my sister's home
to have Christmas with them. 


On Christmas day my husband's grandmother
went to her heavenly father. This is her the first day 
I met her. She greeted me at the door with a beautiful smile
and open arms. She told me that day that anyone who
could make her grandson happy was a wonderful person. 
It really touched my heart then and I'll never forget those words. 

Mary Elizabeth Vaughn would have been 92 on
new years day. She will be missed, but she left
behind a large loving family who will treasure
her memory for ever. 

2 comments:

BJ said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice Christmas. Looks like Ian had a grand time. It is so wonderful for him to be in such a loving family. Blessings for the new year.

Cynthia Eloise said...

so sorry for your loss. but glad you had a great christmas.