Tuesday, November 22

Where Does the Time Go?

Well it will be Thanksgiving in just a few days and it makes me wonder just where has the year gone? This morning I was clearing off the mantel for the soon to be Christmas decorations - wow Christmas already! There is a pile of presents on the couch in the sitting room upstairs but so much is left to do - guess you know what I mean. So I'm sewing away trying to get some things finished. 
My mom started a tradition with us after Angel and I got married and every year at Thanksgiving would give us a Christmas decoration. I've tried to keep up this tradition and try to make things for my family each year. Seems like it's getting harder to get things finished in time, but I've managed to make extra quilting time in the mornings. I can get a lot more done if I get up early and have at least an hour to play before going to work. 
I got the quilt done for the shower last week a mer 2 hours before I walked out the door - whew! No time for a photo thou - but I'll get one with it's new owner soon. 
Just last night I finished the binding on another present - a lap quilt. Can't show you that one cause it's new owner does pop in here from time to time. 
This little wall hanging thou I can show cause it's new owner is way too busy to read blogs. 
This is a Jim Shore pannel I picked up at the quilt show this year

 It was fun to "trace" the drawing with the free motion. 

 Table runner ready for quilting. 

Crazy mug rug made from the short sections
from the jelly roll I used for the table runner.
Love this type of piecing. No thinking - no planning. 

Well I need a day off with the sun out to take photos 
to put new items in my Etsy shop. The weather has been 
grim and wet for days. Well off to get a few more things
done before going off to work. 

No comments: