Friday, November 4

There is always a first time

I did something today that I didn't think I would ever do...made a quilt from a pattern. I was influenced by my good friend Stefanie. She found a pattern to work well with the beautiful fabrics (the prints) I won at our guild a few months ago that were designed by Ann Kelle
It's just the cutest fabric for a child's quilt and that was just what I am making. I needed it done by the 18th for a shower. I made the top in one day, never did that before either. I'v always leaned towards dark earthy colors and use little white so that was another new thing. Bright colors and white! Did I make this? Well it was fun to make and very quick. I think I might even make another one with this pattern - yes Stefanie you read that right.  So hopefully I'll get this sandwiched on Sunday and quilted next week. Since these colors were so out of my safe zone Stefanie helped me pick them out. Wait till you see the back and binding - 




For any of you in the Nashville area I'll be in a craft show on the 12th. 

CHRISTMAS ON MADISON AVENUE
Saturday, November 12th 9 am- 5 pm 
Farmer’s Market Community Center 
315 John R. Rice Blvd., Suite 101 Murfreesboro, TN 37129 


4 comments:

Gene Black said...

It looks great Royce. I can see using this pattern (or a variation on it) to make some quilts when I need to make a top in a hurry.

Chartreuse Moose said...

The quilt top is lovely, not my colors either....but seeing them here may convert me! Using a pattern isn't the same "zing" as letting our creative juices flow...but done is good and this quilt will be a delight! Hope it is loved to pieces!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

What a fun quilt! Congratulations on using a pattern...I have a hard time with that myself:)

I've got next Saturday on my calendar and I will look you up! It will be a treat to see your awesome creations in person! And meet you, too:)

Keep Stitchin' said...

How cute, I love the materials! I think there are so many 'fun' materials and patterns to go along with them these days.