Thursday, November 10

Something Old and Something New

Yesterday I went over to my sister's house to help her get Ian's room ready. Ian is coming to live with them on Sunday. He is 2 and cute as a button. We're all so excited. I can't stop thinking of all the things I'll make him. I'll be meeting him for the first time on Sunday and I'll taking him the yellow monster pillow I made last week. While we were organizing closets and packing some stuff up for the attic and boxes for Goodwill I ran across 2 quilts. Angel told me my grandmother had made them. What joy that was to see them. Needless to say I left with one. It's worn and at some point someone cut a chunk out of it, but it's still very dear to me. My Granny taught me how to crochet and cook. She was a tiny woman with a firm hand and a huge heart. She raised 7 children and lived to see a herd of grandchildren. I'll always remember her by her love of flowers, her support of her family and her open heart. I never heard her raise her voice - she was a super sweet lady. They lived on a farm and I have very fond memories of spending time there. 



And for the new - my good quilting buddy Stefanie gave me this wonderful ruler. 
I just love these better than any I've every had. I've gotten one more and plan to in time
replacing all the ones I have with the greenish yellow lines on them. 
These also have little circles on the back side that really hold to the fabric. 
I'd bought stick on things to put on my other rulers but these are really great. 
They come in tons of sizes/shapes too. 


Well I've got a bunch of stuff to do so I'll be off. 
The Christmas On Madison Ave show
is Saturday and on Sunday I'll get to meet Ian. 
What a great weekend this will be. 

3 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

What a nice surprise to find the quilts! I've seen a lot of good reports about the Creative Grid rulers. It will be worth considering when it's time for some new ones.

Good luck at the show Saturday!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a wonderful find. I have really sweet memories of my grandmas as well.

Gene Black said...

I know that quilt was a joy to find. Congrats