Thursday, October 27

Sewing Withdrawal

With my next jewelry show a mere 15 days away I've needless to say been twisting and hammering to get new items ready. This will be the last show of the year and I really need to get busy with my Christmas sewing. I have 2 projects on the machine cabinet ready to jump into - but that will be after Nov 12 when the show is. I did combine my two loves last week thou when I was at Stefanie's sewing. I started the base for 4 different fiber jewelry projects. I've always wanted to make one of the big fiber bib necklaces and got a good start on that - it's not done yet thou. These smaller mixed media pieces are finished. 

Happy to say that I sold one of my fiber art wall hangings on my Etsy shop today. 
It's always such a great feeling to know someone loves your work. 
I like making wall hangings and post cards the best. 
The freedom of knowing I can put anything into the art and 
let my creativity run amuck is a wonderful thing.  
So Stars In The Sand is now history. 

Stefanie sold one of her beautiful quilts today too
I told her that her luck had rubbed off on me. 
Hopefully sales will pick up for everyone
as the holidays sneak up on us at a rapid pace. 

Home made makes wonderful gifts and there
are so many gifted artists and crafts people on Etsy. 
I've already bought several presents there. 

2 comments:

Barb said...

Love your jewelry!

Cynthia Eloise said...

congrats on your sale. love the way you used the copper wire on your little mixed media pieces.