Sunday, October 23

Gone To The Dogs

Well it's been a doggie past few days.
I got the lap quilt with the pet fabric sandwiched and ready to quilt. 

 Auggie helped me a little - he always thinks fabric is to nap on. 

Yesterday I had a Social Artworking class at JoAnn's,
with 5 students who did some of their first paintings.
Every one had a great time and here are a few of the paintings. 
 One had attitude


 One was customized to look like the owners baby. 


The youngest student did a great job. 
That's her grandmother just behind her, every time
I told Emma how well she was doing her grandmother said
"That's my grand daughter!"

While I was at the store and since they were having such a 
big sale I got a new cutting matt. My old green one has been 
tortured with me doing my jewelry on it. So I got one of the
new yellow ones - so easy to see the numbers and marks.
 I'm going to tape the old and new one back to back and flip
them when I go from jewelry to fabric cutting. I've lost count
of how many rotary blades I've ruined from stray bits of wire 
on the cutting surface. 

So now I'm off to start quilting the pet lap quilt. 
I am going to try a dog bone and heart quilting pattern, 
to match the fabric in the border/backing. 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Looks like you had some talent in that class, I enjoyed the pictures you showed.

BJ said...

The yellow cutting mat looks great. May have to think about that the next time I need one. Your use of the two is really smart.

What great pictures from the painting class! It's neat that grandma and granddaughter took it together.

Auggie is going to love his quilt. Too cute.

Cynthia Eloise said...

looks like it was a fun class to teach.