Sunday, October 16

A Bang Up Good Time

Well yesterday was a fun day all around. The weather just couldn't have been any better. The Jessie James Festival had great live music, mostly blue grass all day. The food was great and sales were good. This show is in Nashville TN just down the road from Fontanel, which was the home of Barbara Mandrell and is now a home for music dinning. Their is also a beautiful 2 mile walking trail threw the wooded property. 
The show was just behind the James Gang General Store. So with this theme there were of course some shoot-em-ups, but the sheriff kept things from getting out of hand. 
 There were some really great costumes. 

In a cloud of gun smoke the shoot out
comes to a peaceful end. 

The General store is a restaurant with live music

I even made a new hat band for my hat to wear 
to the show that I'm calling western steampunk. 

My friend Jim Cohron told me about this show. 
He is a very talented wood carver and I just
couldn't pass up getting one of his beautiful pieces for our home. 

Here is some of his other pieces. 


Jim often works on his carvings on the
front porch at Fontanel. If you are interested
in his work drop him an email


For my sewing this week I've started on my
pink and white blocks for a quilt our guild is making. 
I did a little cheating and did my half square triangles
It's a super fast way to make just about any size 
half or quarter square.


3 comments:

BJ said...

You sure had great weather for the weekend show! Your hat is very creative, very Royce, and very fitting for the setting! Love your new little house too.

I have the Triangulation software too, just haven't used it yet. I think it is a great idea and help though.

Beezus said...

Love the western steampunk band you made for your hat! :)

Linda B said...

What a fun festival. I love your hat!!!