Saturday, September 10

A Wonderful Day

Today my friend Paula came over and we drove out to the Music City Modern Quilter's Guild meeting. We were having a special speaker and a de-stashing sale. Our speaker was Ann Kelle. She is just cute as a button and was very inspiring. She is a fabric designer for Robert Kaufman, and also designs paper goods for scrap-bookers and stationary shops.
We had a really good time and asked lots of questions about her business and her designs. She is a Nashvillian and used to work in the governors office. She traded in her business suite for a computer and taught herself how to use Illustrator and became a designer. I love hearing such a beautiful success story.
After her talk we had great door prizes. Several of our member made beautiful items from her fabrics. One of our local quilt shops, donated some great gift bags. We also got a coupon for Burgundy Buttons. One great on line shop for quilting fabrics.
Stefanie made these journal covers and oh so sweet
little makeup or something special bags. 

Very pretty pillow made by Chelley. 

We also had a very yummy brunch and then the de-stashing sale.
 Too much yummy food to choose from. 

Paula looking for good deals. 

Oh and I won this fabric bundle of Ann's designs.
I love the monkeys!

So at 12 Paula and I zoomed out of Franklin and back to my 
house to drop her off for her car - then I was off to JoAnn's 
for open house where I met new students and got them all
signed up for future classes. 
I'm am so tired and now it's time for dinner and some
couch time. A good day all the way. 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

That was definitely a fun day. Congrats on the win!

Barb said...

She does sound inspirational....glad you had such a good time!

Cornwoman said...

What a fun day!