Tuesday, May 3

The Winner Is...

There were some great names submitted for my wall hanging. It really made me re look at this fiber piece when I read over the names. How others see your work is so interesting. It gives me a whole new outlook on the piece. Here are the names that were sent in.  


Frets Afire • Copper Aflutter • Copper Flourish • Weaving A Mystery
Memories In Time • Spirit Dance • Spiritual Warrior • The Eve of Retaliation
Sacred Fire • Sacred River of Fire
This was quite the decision. I'll admit there are 2 favorites and between those it took me a while to make up my mind. 


The hanging must have a name thou and it's.....Frets Afire
So Miss Mary I've sent you an email with the what's next. Thanks for your cool idea. 


Last week 4 quilt ladies took off to the quilter's mother ship of Paducha for the Quilt Show. It was touch and go for a few days with the really bad weather and fear of the flood gates going up around the town where we were staying and the Paducha area. The show was moved from it's original location and large parts were moved to the near by mall, in empty stores and a local church. With things as spread out as they were I did miss some things, but considering how last min the changes were made it was pretty organized. The vendors lost about half the booth space they normally have so were not able to display all their goodies. I did find one vendor I'd bought from the last 2 shows thou and dug around in her limited space and found some very nice Japanese Panels. Here are some of the goodies I picked up. 


Basket from Ghana

 Fabrics from Japan the thread is for scale. 


Stencils, big bag of Angelina and the book of all the
Quilts at the show

The Curve Master Foot - After you see this in action
you will have to have it. 

Had wanted this pattern for months. It made my jaw drop
when I saw the finished quilt in a quilt shop in Franklin TN. 
Yep spent too much money, and I'm not feeling any guilt at all. 
I also got a queen size roll of black batting for a quilt I've just started. 

It was a good trip, we lucked up and got a cabin over looking the Ohio River and
were able to cook dinner each night. I ate too much, we shopped till we were 
just worn out, but we all had a great time. 


3 comments:

MissMary said...

Woohoo! Thanks for picking me! Hope to met you at the next MCMQG meeting. If not I'm sure I'll hear all about the trip from Steph. She told us about the adventure ya'll had planned... I've only been to Paducah once, and it was mind-boggling. I can only imagine what it was like for the Show! Glad you had such a great time and got such great goodies! :-)

Barb said...

I love your goodies!

Gene Black said...

I love your Japanese panels! Great find. The curvemaster works great for me. I love it, I blogged it even.
Glad you had a great trip.(Even if I didn't win!)