Wednesday, May 25

A Unique Day

Yesterday followed bad storms here in my part of town and left about 20,000 folks with no power. Many big trees down and roads closed and sadly many homes damaged. We were lucky and our home is still intact. One of our good neighbors came by and cut the large limb hanging over the driveway down so we could get in and out and all the other limbs were small enough for us to drag to the alley. Yes very lucky.



Just next door thou a big tree went threw the roof and into 
the upstairs living area. No one was in the room.


I was unable to watch the news and see what was going on - so spoiled with TV and internet. After the shock of waking up - yes I slept threw the whole thing - and finding out the house was OK I made some coffee on top of the stove in tea bag fashion. Gotta have coffee. 


Not being able to sew I figure I'll do some jewelry making and got several pieces done. I made 4 necklaces yesterday and these are my 2 favs. They are both on Etsy now. 


This one I'm still trying to determine if I want to keep or not...hum. 
This is the sample for the metal stamping class I'll have on 6/4.

Today I'll enjoy the electricity and run the dishwasher and vacuum. 
I'll even enjoy the house work today cause I've got AC!

2 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I'm glad you are safe!

MissMary said...

I'm a bit envious of your ability to sleep through those storms. Word around my friends went like this: "Did you see the lightning? It was AWESOME!" And I was thinking, "Dang. Six hours of sleep tonight minus however long this lasts..." No damage in my parts. Wish more cicadas had been drowned, though! Glad you're safe.